Sunday, September 30, 2012

Harvest of the Arts

 
Saturday was spent painting at the Harvest of the Arts Festival in Carlisle, PA along with some fellow painters from my plein air group Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters
 
 Larry Lerew, Vivian Brandler, and I set up at the intersection of High Street and Hanover Street, the beginning of the event where they closed off 4 blocks to traffic.  How often can you set up right in the middle of the street to paint?  We had a great time painting along to the music!

Below is the painting I did.  I wasn't 100% focused on this one...never can be at these events with people stopping to talk and watching over your shoulder...but it's fun.  I especially love the children with their painted faces who are so interested in watching me paint.
Thanks to Vivi's friend Jeb for modelling!
 
"Waiting on the Square"
10x8
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment