Monday, September 12, 2011

Painting on Chincoteague Island, VA

     I have just returned from a week of plein air painting on Chincoteague Island, Va.  45 artists participated in painting throughout the week and on Saturday night they held an exhibit/sale of the finished work.  Despite the heavy rains and flooding in Central PA, we were blessed with great weather all week on the coast - even the one day of drizzly mist led to some wonderful atmospheric paintings.  There are so many painting possiblities on both Chincoteague Island and the wildlife refuge on Assateague, from houses and historic sites, boats and marinas, marsh, beach, bay, and ocean.  Such a beautiful place to visit.

 
     This was my display for the Saturday night event.  I was delighted to sell 3 paintings and still have 3 to bring home as souvenirs of this fun week.

     I will be posting on the individual paintings in more detail later...

     If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment