Sunday, September 4, 2011

Painting at the McClain Celtic Festival


Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters had a small exhibit of paintings hanging in the Two Mile House this weekend as part of the annual McClain Celtic Festival, and a few of us painted during the event.  I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to do a small study of this reenactor's tent.


I have mixed feelings about painting at these events.  I never feel like I can focus on my painting and am usually unhappy with my results. On the other hand, I enjoy the comments of people stopping to watch the process - the children are especially interested in quietly watching me paint. With live fiddle music and folk singing in the air, there is a joyful spirit that is just fun to be a part of.

And who doesn't love a guy in a kilt?

 
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment