Monday, September 15, 2014

Summer's End

Where did the last month go?  It's been so long since I posted here and now the summer is over.
 
 
8x24 oil
This past weekend I participated in the Chincoteague Plein Air event for the fourth consecutive year.
Summer's End was one of 7 paintings that I did during the 3 day event which ended in a Saturday evening sale.  I brought this unusual size canvas with the intent of painting a beach scene but decided to use it for the sunset on the Wildlife Refuge.  I had to work quickly to capture the changing colors in the sky.  It did not take long before it was too dark and I could no longer see my work.  As soon as the sun went down the mosquitoes came out and chased me away.  I finished the painting that evening in my hotel room.
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website

No comments:

Post a Comment