Saturday, July 9, 2011

Commissioned work in progress...


 I am working on this painting of a pair of leopards for a client.  At first I was intimidated by the project and had a slow start.  I thought maybe it was the 48" x 48" size which was holding me back -  but then, I do paint wall sized murals for a living so I don't think that was the problem.  Maybe it was that leopards, or even animals are not my usual subject matter.  But really what I am most inhibited by is painting for the client and wondering whether he will like the results.
I have made some good progress on the work so far.  The rear leopard is almost finished.  I still have some issues to work out on the front leopard.  It is tricky when you don't have an actual leopard to model for you.




One of the best things I will take from this commission is all the research I have done to learn about this magnificent animal which is now a rare and endangered species.

 If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment